Skip to content

October 2023 Meeting Minutes

Meeting Name and Number/Purpose:MRA September Meeting Minutes 
Date of Meeting:October 23, 2023Time of Meeting (Start and End):7:30pm-8:30pm
Location of Meeting:Google Meetup 
Meeting Chairperson:Rozhen Meeting Minutes Prepared By:Lauren

Date Meeting Minutes Distributed:
October 24, 2023Date of Next Meeting:November 20th 

ATTENDANCE & DISTRIBUTION OF MEETING MINUTES

Attendee Name
Rozhen
Shreya
Don
Jim
David 
Lauren 
Alex
Mike
Emma
David
Item #Discussion/Action Item
1.0Introduction (LF)
1.1 Rozhen firstJim Second  
1.2Halloween Dance
The only outstanding aspect is the DJ.  Tim is working on securing it. The volunteer list is good. Rozhen is bringing snacks and drinks. Sandy to bring coolers, ice, water, treats, and extension cords. Don is bringing an extension cord and décor.
Schedule- Mike’s crew will bring most items and arrive at 4 pm
Set up 4-6pm6pm start with welcoming announcement 8 pm end. 
Cleanup perishables/garbageMembership drive New auto-renew gets in free Rozhen and Emma to bring iPad and computer to facilitate signups 
Cash – Where is Cashbox? Mike to speak with Tim Emma to bring change (including coins)
5 stations where payment will be required Stations
Pizza from Revolver (10XL boxes)
Drinks/snacks
Tattoos
Social Announcements – Blast events on socials and share with private groups
The principal will be sharing the event with local schools as well. Board members are encouraged to share the event privately.
1.3Membership
Autonew
Last year there was a big campaign for membership which got us to 160+ memberships however these have now expired and we are back down to approx.90.  
Make auto-new the default option
This creates staggered renewal dates which is hard to track
How do we send reminder emails? Jim to look into this on PayPal
Ensure the “cancel” option is available 
*Vote: majority in favour of moving forward with autorenewal pending above conditions*
Initial registration 
Needs to be cleaned up and streamlined
Off-line conversation with Alex, Emma, Jim, Rozhen, Sarah
1.4Treasurer
No interest within the existing group to take over responsibility as of the new year 
Will put out a call for an external member to take on the treasurer role prior to the AGM
1.5Green Initiatives 
Climate Action initiative for green energy workshop has been approved 
Alex to take over responsibility from Tim 
Meeting with Marie Ann in November for more information
1.62405-2411 Lakeshore 
Letter submitted to City Council
Posted on Socials and website
1.7Treasurer
No interest within the existing group to take over responsibility as of new year 
Will put out a call for an external member to take on the treasurer role prior to AGM
1.8Meeting with Amber Morley
Clear agenda prior to reaching out. Areas of interest:
Development
Community Benefits Charge Funds “Wish List”
Transit 
Former ML site 
Former rail station
1.9Development Survey
Outline exists however needs to be made into a survey 
Rozhen to reach out to Tim to see if he has paid Survey Monkey account
2.0November 20th next meeting 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *