The power of a community coming together is more significant than an individual voice. Together we can identify our priorities and ensure our community becomes stronger every day.
The MRA Board uses membership fees and donations to help gather a collective and representative voice to City officials on behalf of Mimico residents. MRA expenses include public meeting space rentals, supplies for meetings and events, liability insurance, photocopying and other related things. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Membership is open to all persons living within the Mimico community’s boundaries (see map). Businesses and organizations that operate in the Mimico area and support the defined purpose of the MRA can join. Residents under the age of 16 years can join. Also, non-resident owners of property in Mimico are eligible for non-voting memberships. Voting Memberships in the Mimico Residents Association are only available to residents 16 years of age or over.
How to Join
There are now two easy ways to JOIN THE MRA:
- ONLINE: Fill out our new Online Member Form, click submit and then pay online via credit card or PayPal
- MAIL-IN: Download and Print the PDF Member Form, fill it out and mail it with your cheque or money order
RENEWALS – PAY NOW: If you are or have been an MRA member in the last two years and your address and contact information have not changed, you can skip the form and go straight to the Payment Page or mail a cheque to Mimico Residents Association, 2408 Lake Shore Blvd. W., P.O. Box 14010, Toronto, ON M8V 4A2.
You can check your current member status and expiration date by emailing email@example.com.
- Members have the right to attend and speak at meetings of the Mimico Residents Association.
- Members will be notified of all membership meetings and other public meetings of the Mimico Residents Association.
- Member will receive any publications of the Mimico Residents Association.
- Voting members can vote at Annual General Meetings and special membership meetings.
- Learn about possible development and redevelopment plans for the neighbourhood before they are finalized.
- Participate in decisions about what recreational programs, park improvements or other neighbourhood projects to lobby for.
- Connect with others with similar interests – sports, gardening, fishing, sailing, reading, walking, cycling, kayaking…
- Find out about business trends and developments in the Lakeshore area.
- Receive emails about Community News and Events.
- Receive updates regarding local crime and how to prevent it and protect yourself.