NEWS RELEASE COMMUNIQUÉ
From Laurel Broten, MPP Etobicoke – Lakeshore
For Immediate Release – October 9, 2012 Download PDF Release
Upgrades Underway at Mimico GO Station
McGuinty Government Creating Jobs, Improving Public Transit
Ontario is making it easier for the 1,050 commuters who use the Mimico GO Station to take public
transit while creating 470 jobs.
- adding about 150 new parking spaces
- repairing and extending the north and south GO Train platforms to accommodate 12-car trains
- building a new pedestrian overpass to make it easier for commuters to get to their trains
- improving the station building and the existing pedestrian tunnel to make it more accessible
- expanding the Royal York Bridge
Work is scheduled to be complete in 2017.
Investing in public transit is part of the McGuinty government’s plan to strengthen the economy. A
strong economy protects the services that mean most to Ontario families — health care and
“This is welcome news for commuters in the Etobicoke-Lakeshore area. Improved platforms and
more parking spaces will give commuters a better, more accessible station and make public transit
easier to use.”
— Laurel Broten, MPP, Etobicoke-Lakeshore
“Our unprecedented public transit investments continue to make transit a better choice for
commuters, reducing congestion on our roads and contributing to a better quality of life for Ontario
— Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure and Minister of Transportation
GO Transit’s focus is to improve service for our customers. We are upgrading Mimico GO Station
with 12-car platforms and a new pedestrian bridge to make it easier for commuters to take the GO
— Gary McNeil, President, GO Transit
- Improving GO’s infrastructure supports future two-way, all-day GO Train service across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
- Since 2003, the McGuinty government increased GO’s rail service by nearly 90 kilometres, added nine new GO stations and 23,000 parking spots across the system.
- GO Transit carries approximately 62 million passengers per year.
- Over the past year, GO Trains have arrived on schedule 95 per cent of the time.
- GO Transit is a division of www.metrolinx.com
More information at gotransit.com
Find out about www.prestocard.ca
Contact: Wendy McNaughton
Laurel Broten, MPP (416) 259-2249
Pingback: OCTOBER 2012 Community News :: Mimico Residents Association