Skip to content

January 2024 Meeting Minutes

Meeting Name and Number/Purpose:MRA September Meeting Minutes 
Date of Meeting:January 29, 2024Time of Meeting (Start and End):8:00pm-9:00pm
Location of Meeting:Google Meetup 
Meeting Chairperson:Rozhen Meeting Minutes Prepared By:Lauren

Date Meeting Minutes Distributed:
January 30, 2024Date of Next Meeting:TBD


Attendee Name
Item #Discussion/Action Item
1.0Introduction (LF)
1.1 Previous minutes passed.
Jim First
Mike Second. Carried.
1.2Homeowners Energy Efficiency Workshop Workshop
To help homeowners reduce their GHG and learn about financial assistance that may be available to them. March 28th is the tentative day for the event. Tim to confirm attendance of Councillor, MP and MPP Alex to circulate invite for the next preparation meeting (Wednesday, Jan 31). All information is available on the shared drive.
1.3New Treasurer
Rozhen and Mike have been interviewing for the role of treasurerPromising candidate Michael, is new to the neighbourhood and seems like a good fit. Alex can help with technical components if necessary.
1.42405-2411 Lakeshore Blvd West
No community consultation meeting 
Lauren to draft a letter to Councillor Morely regarding lack of consultation
Information session February 2nd 
Tour in July 
To be put on social media
Amber Morley _ MLCN
Emails to be forwarded to group
Determine solution for which emails get forwarded 
Lauren to coordinate whatsapp group for quick response items
Hybrid model last year worked well however there were some hiccups (no in-person presentation, permits, bookings, scheduling, conflicts)
In-person events are important and a good opportunity to bring the community together. Also, a good opportunity to get new members
Mike to coordinate the in-person event – to reduce headaches with hybrid can simplify with Facebook live 
Invite Christine Hogarth as first choice politician, date to be determined based on her schedule – Rozhen to reach out, target March/April
Potential conflict with the Green Energy Workshop on March 28th 
Members to confirm with Rozhen their intention to stay on the board
Sarah was coordinating meeting to discuss membership initiative however no meeting was schedule
Rozhen to start up email thread and schedule meeting
1.8Meeting with Amber Morely 
Transit and New development are key topics
Mimico mobility Plan as another topic
MRA to vote on topics to be discussed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *